Directions for Grant Application:
1. Determine the category of grant for which you are eligible - The 2019 Grants Program will accept applications from two categories of Associations. These categories are as follows:
CATEGORY 1 – Any Association that was deficient in one or more of the following categories of Regulation 7(E) – the Association Accreditation Program in 2017: Membership, Organizational Membership, Certified Officials, Championships and Communications.
Associations are encouraged to submit program proposals intended to improve its level of service in a specific area of deficiency. For example, if your Association failed to meet the minimum standard for number of certified officials you are encouraged to submit a grant application for a program that is designed at marketing and promoting your Officials Certification program.
Note: If your Association fell into this category (Category 1) your grant proposal will not be accepted if it is for improving an area of proficiency (e.g., if your Association met the minimum standard for number of members but was deficient in other categories your grant proposal cannot be aimed at increasing the number of members). Again, the purpose of the grant is to improve any area of deficiency as determined by the Regulation 7(E) standards listed above.
CATEGORY 2 – Any Association that, in 2017, met the minimum standards in the categories listed above. Associations in this category are encouraged to submit grant proposals that will help your Association elevate its level of service to its current members and/or attract new members.
2. Formulate your proposal - an idea, a project, a purchase. Ideas can be for track & field, long distance running, cross country and/or race walking, and for any age! We recommend that you involve others in the development of the concept, both for the sense of ownership that it instills within your Association and that your proposal has a better chance of being complete.
3. Draft your proposal - using this application, put your proposal down in writing. Then share it with others, both in and outside your Association. Refine the proposal as necessary before bringing it to your Association for approval.
4. Approval – this application needs to be approved by your Association at a meeting of the directors or governors. Once approved it can be submitted online.
5. Submit – submit your application online by the deadline – August 31, 2018.